Effective as of August 1, 2017
You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of this site. Any such violations may result in criminal and/or civil penalties against you. WSPA will investigate any alleged or suspected violations and if a criminal violation is suspected, we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in their investigations.
In using this site, you are expressly prohibited from the following activities:
- Sending or otherwise transmitting to or through this site any unlawful, infringing, harmful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind;
- Misrepresenting your identity or affiliation in any way;
- Violating any applicable laws or regulations; or
- Assisting or permitting any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.
MEMBER AND ASSOCIATE ACCOUNTS
Regular Members and Associates of the Western States Petroleum Association may create a Member or Associate account (collectively, “Accounts”) on WSPA’s website. Upon your initial login to your Account, you will be prompted to create a password. WSPA maintains passwords on a secure server, but you should take steps, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, to ensure that no one gains unauthorized access to your account.
This site and all of its content are protected by copyright law. In addition, all design rights, databases, compilation, and other intellectual property rights related to this site, in each case whether registered or unregistered, and related goodwill are proprietary to WSPA. Unless otherwise noted in a specific location on this site, you may not copy or download any of the material contained on this site in whole or in part without WSPA’s express authorization. On pages of this site where permission is given to copy or download material, you may only do so provided that:
- The user includes WSPA’s copyright notice on all copies; and
- The materials are not used in any misleading or inappropriate manner.
You may not publish, modify, transmit, reproduce, create new works from, distribute, sell, loan, nor in anyway exploit any of the material contained on this site in whole or in part, including such material permitted to be copied or downloaded, without WSPA’s express authorization.
Elements of WSPA’s website are also protected by trademark, unfair competition, and other laws and shall not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, sound, or image from the site may be copied or transmitted unless expressly permitted by WSPA.
All trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names on this site, whether registered or unregistered, including but not limited to “WSPA,” are proprietary to WSPA or to other companies where so indicated. You may not reproduce, download or otherwise use any such trademarks, service marks, logos or trade names without the prior written consent of the appropriate owner thereof.
Any materials on WSPA’s website that are owned by a third-party (which in general will be labeled as such) may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without express authorization of the copyright owner. Modification of, or use of, such third-party materials is a violation of copyright law and other proprietary rights of these third-parties.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES SEEKING TO LINK WITH WSPA SITE
You may link to WSPA’s site, provided that you comply with the following restrictions:
- You do not reproduce WSPA’s website content without permission.
- You do not create a browser or border environment around WSPA’s content.
- You do not imply that WSPA is endorsing your site or your products.
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with WSPA, its members, associates, officers or directors.
- You do not present false information about WSPA, its activities, or its members.
- You do not display WSPA’s name, logo, trademark, or other identifiers on your site without WSPA’s permission.
- You do not remove, conceal, or obliterate any copyright or other proprietary notice, source identifier, or credit line.
- You do not link from a web site that could be construed as distasteful or offensive, obscene, defamatory, libelous, misleading, or is being used for illegal purposes.
- You do not link from a web site that infringes upon any intellectual property or other rights of any entity or person.
Upon discovery of any of the aforementioned infractions and WSPA concludes that you violate any of these restrictions, you agree to immediately remove WSPA’s link from your site.
You agree that WSPA will not be liable for any loss resulting from a cause over which WSPA does not have direct control, including but not limited to the failure of electronic or mechanical equipment, communication lines, telephone or other interconnectivity problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, natural disasters, strikes, wars, or government/judicial restrictions.
Nothing contained in this site is intended as, nor shall be construed as legal advice, guidance, or interpretation. No attorney-client relationship is established between WSPA and you by your use of this site. The information provided on this site is for general educational purposes only and specific questions about any law, statute, or regulation should be directed to an attorney with expertise in the applicable area.
This site is controlled and operated by WSPA from its offices within the State of California, in the United States of America. WSPA makes no representation that materials contained on the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Access to this site from jurisdictions where the contents of this site are illegal or penalized is prohibited. No information from this site may be downloaded or otherwise re-exported into or to any of the following:
- A national or resident of any country to which the United States embargoes or sanctions goods, services or technology; or
- Anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Denial Orders.
By downloading or using information from this site, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
THE FEATURES, SERVICES AND INFORMATION IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WSPA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WSPA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WSPA DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE ITEMS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WSPA BE LIABLE FOR ANY COMPENSATORY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE, EVEN IF WSPA OR A WSPA AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOREGOING EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold WSPA and its directors, employees, agents and contractors harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees) or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from either of the following:
- Your activities in connection with this site.
This site is a general audience site. WSPA does not seek through this site to gather personal information from or about persons under the age of 13.