Bellingham Technical College’s (BTC) partnership and annual scholarship support from the Western States Petroleum Association (WSPA), empowers students with industry-aligned education to excel in the dynamic and innovative energy sector and find employment with local refineries.
- WSPA has been supporting scholarships at BTC for 18 years.
- Through the years WSPA has donated more than $323,000 to support scholarships for students in the Process Technology and Instrumentation Programs at the college.
- WSPA’s support is typically the largest single donation to support annual scholarships through the foundation.
- Students who receive scholarships are 20% more likely to persist from year one and year two, and 40% more likely to graduate versus students who do not receive scholarships.
- 80% of BTC graduates live and work within a 50-mile radius of Bellingham and contribute to the economic vitality of the region.
- 85% of BTC graduates are employed within nine months of graduation.
BTC is a leading educational institution, and the only technical college in northwest Washington state. BTC offers high-quality education in a supportive, student-first environment and has been providing skills-focused education to thousands of local and regional students since 1957.