2018 CALIFORNIA MID-STATE FAIR
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AGE 18 OR OLDER.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The #POWERINEVERYBODY Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on July 18, 2018 at 12:00 P.M. PDT and ends on July 29, 2018 at 9:00 P.M. PDT (the “Promotion Period”) and consists of five (5) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as outlined in the chart below:
Entry Period Entry Period Start Date
12:00 PM PDT
Entry Period End Date
9:00 PM PDT
Entry Period Draw Date
10 PM PDT
1 July 18, 2018 July 20, 2018 July 20, 2018 2 July 21, 2018 July 22, 2018 July 22, 2018 3 July 23, 2018 July 24, 2018 July 24, 2018 4 July 25, 2018 July 26, 2018 July 26, 2018 5 July 27, 2018 July 29, 2018 July 29, 2018
- SPONSOR: The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Western States Petroleum Association 1415 L Street, Suite 900, Sacramento, CA, 95814. (“Sponsor”).
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at email@example.com during the Promotion Period.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Sponsor, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the “Promotion Entities”), are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Residents of jurisdictions prohibiting such promotions should consider this offer void.
- PRIZES: One Grand Prize will be awarded in each Entry Period, for a total of five (5) Grand Prizes during the Promotion Period.Grand Prize: Each Grand Prize winner in an Entry Period will receive their choice of EITHER two (2) tickets to the main Mid-State Fair event (including “Hospitality Tent” access) OR one (1) gift certificate to a local Paso Robles restaurant (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $100). Mid-State Fair event tickets will be available to winners on a first-come, first served basis for the main events on the following dates:
– Sunday, July 22, 2018 (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $300)
– Tuesday, July 24, 2018 (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $300)
– Thursday, July 26, 2018 (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $300)
– Saturday, July 28, 2018 (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $100)Only two (2) tickets are available for each event; event tickets selected by Winners of earlier Entry Periods will not be available for Winners of later Entry Periods.Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded for each Entry Period. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
All federal, state, and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner is also responsible for travel to and from, and any parking or entry fees to the Mid-State Fair. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below.
- HOW TO ENTER: Eligible individuals may enter each Entry Period. Separate entries must be submitted for each Entry Period; entries to earlier Entry Periods will not be “rolled-over” to later Entry Periods. Only one entry per person per Entry Period is permitted. All entries must be submitted at the Western States Petroleum Association booth at the 2018 California Mid-State Fair. No purchase is necessary.Between 12:00 PM PDT on an Entry Period Start Date and 9:00 PM PDT on that Entry Period End Date, an eligible entrant must visit the Western States Petroleum Association booth at the 2018 California Mid-State Fair and complete and submit the registration form including, but not limited to: his/her first and complete last name (no initials); valid e-mail address; phone number; city, state, and ZIP code; and photo or written response to his/her choice of one of the sweepstake questions. Upon the successful submission of the registration form, an entrant will receive one (1) entry into applicable Entry Period.Late, incorrect, incomplete, illegible/unintelligible entries or those with unverifiable contact information are not eligible.
- WINNER SELECTION: The Winners of each Entry Period will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout that Entry Period. The random drawings will be conducted on or about 9:30 PM PDT on the respective draw dates stated in the table above. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. No purchase is necessary. A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND CLAIMING PRIZES: Winner will be notified by phone and email at the phone number and email address provided in the Entry. Potential Winner must accept a prize by return email or return phone call within 24 hours of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.If the Potential Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails in the timely return of the completed and executed Prize Claim Documents as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternative winner selected. The Potential Winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). By accepting the prize, Winner agrees that Sponsor may use the Winner’s name, voice, tweet or likeness for the purpose of trade, advertising, or promotion in any and all media without further compensation, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law, and upon request will provide consent to such use in writing. No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS/PRIVACY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to allow the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities the perpetual right to use his/her name, address (city and state), biographical information, likeness, picture and other information and content provided in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes in all media worldwide including, but not limited to, on television and the Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, you grant Sponsor permission to share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other Sweepstakes Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Conduct of Sweepstakes and selection of winners are in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper function of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winner from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the Sweepstakes process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in any unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and to void all associated submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce or delay in enforcing any term of these official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- RELEASE: By participating, each Entrant agrees to release and hold Sponsor and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from entrant’s participation, acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, its agents and representatives, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
- WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner List or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Western States Petroleum Association cc: #POWERINEVERYBODY Sweepstakes at 1415 L Street, Suite 900, Sacramento, CA, 95814. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than August 3, 2018 after the Promotion Period has ended.