Effective: August 1, 2017
General statement of privacy
Collection of information
When you visit the WSPA Website you provide us with two types of information:
- Personal information that you knowingly choose to disclose to WSPA; and
- Website use information collected by WSPA as you interact with our Website.
Any information that you post on our Website is posted at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other Website users who have access to this information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that any information you post on the Website will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any security measures contained on the Website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of any information you post may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if the WSPA Website or other users have copied or stored such information.
If you use our Website outside of the United States, information that we collect about you will be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely – this may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area. By allowing WSPA to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of your data.
Our Website employs browser cookies and other technologies to collect information about users, such as their IP address, the type of browsers used, web pages viewed, and other information. We take measures to ensure that our cookies do not collect personally identifiable or sensitive information. The aggregate information that we collect is analyzed and may be combined with similar aggregate information of other visitors to our Website. You may set your browser to reject cookies; however, this may affect some functions of our Website.
Privacy with respect to minors
WSPA does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register on its Website. If WSPA learns that personal information from a child under age 13 has been collected, WSPA will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that WSPA might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Use of Information Obtained by WSPA
We use your name, billing address, and credit card information for the purpose of billing you for events that you register to participate in through our Website.
If you are an Associate and you create a profile in the Forum area of the WSPA Website, a user name of your choice will be viewable to other Associates. WSPA can also access your IP address, but will not share that information with others.
When you register for events through our Website, Authorize.Net (our third-party service provider) provides your name, billing address, and credit card information, along with the amount to be charged, to the bank that processes your credit card for billing purposes.
We may share your information with third-parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is:
- Legally required;
- Done to comply with a request from a government agency;
- Done in conjunction with a corporate restructuring;
- Done to protect against fraud or other damage to our Website or its users; or
- Otherwise permitted by you.
- We may provide information to service providers to help us provide services through our Website. In connection with this, our service providers may have access to your personal information for a limited time. Where we utilize third-parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the WSPA-specified purpose.
- We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through our Website or using the WSPA name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents, or government agencies.
- Like many other websites that interact with third-party sites, we may receive some information even if you are logged out of our Website from those sites in conjunction with the technical operation of the system. In cases where WSPA receives information on users that are not logged in, we do not attempt to associate it with individual WSPA Member or Associate accounts and will discard it.
- If the corporate structure of WSPA were to change, your user information may be transferred to the new entity. WSPA does not guarantee that any entity receiving such information in connection with such a transaction will comply with all terms of this policy.
Other websites and Links
Changing or Removing Information
You may modify or delete any personal information that you have provided to WSPA through our Website by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Because email is not recognized as a secure communication method, we request that you do not send private information to us via email.
WSPA takes appropriate precautions to protect our Website users’ information. Your personal information is located on secured servers behind a firewall. Because email is not recognized as a secure communication method, we request that you do not send private information to us via email. If you have any questions about the security of the WSPA website, please contact us at email@example.com.
Western States Petroleum Association
1415 L Street, Suite 600
Sacramento, CA 95814